This week we received tons of new children's books in from Baker & Taylor, which makes it a great time to explore the new book situation in your branch's children's area!
- Where does your branch put new children's materials? Is there a new book shelf? A display? Do books go right into the regular collection?
- How long do the NEW stickers stay on the books at your branch? Who's in charge of keeping an eye on the new children's materials and removing stickers? Talk to them and find out what their usual procedure is. How can you help them?
- What do you like about how your branch handles the new book collection? What would you like to see done differently?
- What titles are catching your eye right now? Tell us about one title currently in your new book collection.
- Don't forget to check out Tales' Treehouse and look at the "New Books, Movies & Music" tab under Swoop the Owl. This is a great place to recommend to families.
Leave a comment with the answers to any or all of these questions!