Monday, February 9, 2009

Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award

The Blue Spruce book award for 2009 was announced!

It's Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer!

The Blue Spruce is special, because unlike many other state youth readers' choice awards, adults neither nominate titles, nor vote for the winners. The whole process is in the hands of the teens from start to finish.

Want to see what teens choose when they're voting for the best books? Look at the list of past winners, or the 2010 nominees. Any surprises?

1 comment:

Elizabeth A said...

The 2010 list looks good. I'm a huge fan of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. If you havent read them yet, I suggest you do - they are so funny and a very quick read. I'm currently reading the Hunger Games, and I'm heard mumblings that it is going to be the next "Twilight." I like it so far - it has a similar vibe to the Uglies by Scott Westerfield and The Giver by Lois Lowry.