donna geesaman has asked a few of the former Youth ASTs to help her gather resources for a few new Book Club Kits. I volunteered for Matilda, by Roald Dahl, and I would love for you to pitch in. Why?
Because I think this is a great chance for those of us who are unfamiliar with the kits (I'm one of them!) to...
- learn what resources come with a kit when you order one
- practice doing research to support a book club without having to prep an entire program yourself
- have some fun brainstorming activities and crafts you might like to see in the book club kits
- author information [Allison is working on this!]
- reviews of the book
- list of read-alike books [Jill Corrente is working on this!]
- list of other books by the same author
- discussion questions [Karen H is working on this!]
- background information on the setting or characters
- any historical information that will help the presenter place the book in time
- activities (classroom, games, crafts, snacks) [Elisabeth and Lori Noreen are working on this--but several other people can, too!]
I would also welcome discussion about book clubs in general, so if you have any questions or comments, please let us know!