Friday, October 16, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

So are you going to the movie, or keeping your book experience unsullied by film?

Alyson gave us her take back in June, when we also posted some links to interviews and blogs, including Terrible Yellow Eyes, with awesome Wild Thing tribute art!

And here's a blog that has gathered some cute Wild Things craft/art ideas.

Here's a fresh interview from Newsweek last week with both Jonze and Sendak.

One snippet from it to get you started!
What do you say to parents who think the Wild Things film may be too scary?
Sendak: I would tell them to go to hell. That's a question I will not tolerate.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I saw this with my 6 year old son on Friday. I thought it was interesting and the creatures were really well done and at times heartbreakingly human. There were some odd "Being John Malkovichy" moments, but I never thought it got very scary. I did think some of the scenes were too long and were apparantly meaningful and important to Eggers and Jonze, but they went right over my head. My son sat through it ok, but I don't know how much he actually enjoyed it. I loved the scenes with Max and his mom - very touching and true to life. I'm still thinking about how I would actually rate this movie. Maybe I'll never know!

MelissaZD said...

Thanks for the review, Elisabeth! From what I've read so far, you are not alone in not being sure what to make of it!